Thursday, August 21, 2008

Purpose of this Blog

This blog is intended for Latter-day Saints and those familiar with LDS teachings. Its purpose is to increase readers' faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as He is made known in the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price, revealed through the Mormon Prophet, Joseph Smith. In particular, it will highlight and comment upon passages in those scriptures that encourage us to entrust our lives entirely to God.

The name of the blog is from the last verse of the hymn, "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go," which reads:

There’s surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth’s harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life’s short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I’ll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I’ll be what you want me to be.


I am not a spokesperson for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the thoughts expressed in this blog are not official Church doctrine. They are my opinions and thoughts, for which I am entirely responsible.

No comments: